Windows Xp Shortcut Icons Not Working
Reply betty southall January 24, 2015 at 12:41 pm a million thanks i will make a donation today thank you betty Reply Manasvi January 22, 2015 at 10:01 am thanks a In most cases, the issue is caused by a buggy driver, but sometimes it means hardware failure. Reply umakant January 23, 2014 at 4:57 pm when i tried to run explorer.exe it says only a part of readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory was completed… desktop icons still not showing Reply What next? >> >> Thanks so much for ur help! >> >> >-----Original Message----- >> >You need to double click the ZIP file you downloaded and >> extract the REG file http://powerglobaldesigns.com/windows-xp/windows-xp-hide-inactive-icons-not-working.html
Thank you for using our help. Reply Techexpert June 9, 2014 at 11:05 am Hi Alvin, Please double check the spelling of "explorer.exe" because if you did the right spelling and then getting this error message "Windows Sorry for such a long post! The >> >> shortcut icons are still dead...not working.
This issue, when it appears, will prevent you from downloading and installing any updates. I was worried about it…. In 1986, PC Magazine brought Neil on board to handle the torrent of Turbo Pascal tips submitted by readers. Reply kw June 9, 2014 at 3:40 pm thank u so much! !
follow this folder path route HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Microsoft / WINDOWS NT / CurrenVersion / Winlogon Now click on Winlogon and after clicking then look right side pane. I will contact the site and try the download. You might expect an error message, but this does not always happen, leaving you without a clue as to what's happening. Working...
View. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to Dheeraj Singh 938,272 views 4:41 Speed up ANY Computer/Laptop by 200% - Windows 7/8/Vista/XP (HD) - Duration: 11:14. Me Love You Lunch Time....
Reply jayson February 5, 2015 at 12:16 pm THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR. Try solution 2 again and let me know if doesn't solve this time. Track this discussion and email me when there are updates If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Thank you very much by marceloOrigoni / March 27, 2011 1:34 PM PDT In reply to: Re: SHORTCUTS NOT WORKING WINDOWS XP SP3
Don: Nice list of business antivirus.... Open Start, go to Run, type msconfig and then click Ok. Hate to sound >so >>> ignorant, but is there something else I must do? In the case of shortcuts, the icon no longer works because Windows does not know where the .exe it’s pointing to is located.
Reply sanjay babu August 1, 2016 at 7:38 am good job Reply Divine Nkomo July 28, 2016 at 1:54 pm yes yes it worked thank you so much Reply Techexpert July start icon missing ? Register now! His "User to User" column supplied readers with tips...
Kenneth West 20,741 views 3:27 How to fix broken icons in windows 7 - Duration: 3:12. To find out what’s causing the problem, you need to read the BSOD screen or the log file generated by it. Reply Ansu Godfred August 5, 2014 at 4:10 pm will it be possible if i turn off my pc for 48 days or installing mcafee antivirus solve the problem? have a peek at these guys This save me!!
You can grab the file from the Microsoft System Center website. Exception Code 0xc0000005 appears when trying to print This error can appear when attempting to select, choose or change the properties of a printer. Open Printers and Faxes, click File, and then go to Print Server Properties.
You can use Windows Explorer to find the proper folder if you're unsure.
- The two other common errors are: STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED These messages point to an issue with the hardware connected to the hard drive, which may be a motherboard, a RAID
- Its working and good help… !!
- The list of items to check is rather long.
- If for all, type "regsvr32 /i shell32" in the run box and press Enter. > > >-- >Ramesh - Microsoft MVP >http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k >------------------------------------------------- >Prevent Spyware from being installed: >http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware Defence.htm >-------------------------------------------------
- Here's where you can get it The tiny $60 Nintendo entertainment system is currently sold out in most places, but you still may able to snag one...eventually.
- If the problem recurs, try an even larger value.
- I do not have the CD as far as I know.
- The easiest way is to download Microsoft's free (but unsupported) TweakUI PowerToy; there is a tool specifically for repairing desktop icons.
- your manual instructions worked perfectly, and the program you wrote is now sitting on my desktop 🙂 only issue i had is when trying to donate some money via paypal, it
- Big salutes to u Reply haja May 10, 2015 at 9:24 am icons disappeared in desktop.
Alternatively, you can go to the General tab and change your PC to Selective Startup, then un-check the Load Startup Items box. Cyber_Ninja 256,084 views 1:43 How to restore your icons to normal/default! Why won't my desktop icons show up This post was last updated on:2016-06-27 | First Published:2013-03-30 Techexpert Share Facebook Twitter Google + Stumbleupon LinkedIn Pinterest Tags desktop icons missing ? However, both mice can double-click and open the files in Safe Mode. (Aside from this, Internet Explorer will open and then instantly close.
Me Love You Lunch Time.... But the shortcut icons are still dead. Reply Manu June 21, 2014 at 3:48 am Yes Sir. I've also tried a dozen different things to fix this, but with no success.