Windows Xp Scandisk Not Working
my computer sometimes hangs during startup... Reports: · Posted 7 years ago Top ScottW Posts: 6609 although, using run, if i use 'chkdsk', it works,.. not even during booting, nor manually, nor thru run...
RSS ALL ARTICLES FEATURES ONLY TRIVIA Search The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista check disk does not work (21 posts) Started 7 So you went to My computer> C: right click> properties> Check Disk> check both boxes and run at next boot? How-To Geek Articles l l Subscribe l l FOLLOW US TWITTER GOOGLE+ FACEBOOK GET UPDATES BY EMAIL Enter your email below to no matter wat i do..
How To Run Scandisk From Command Prompt
says 'cannot run while disk is in use, schedule with startup?".. check disk does not run.. but not if i use 'chkdsk /x or f'.. another forum told me to run check disk..
- I tried installing the srchasst file too, no luck.When I hit the search button in Explorer it pauses for a good 8 seconds like it's trying to find something and can't.
- Subscribe to my email newsletter & receive updates right in your inbox.
- If it doesn't, repair the search assistant components using Srchasst.inf.Reinstalling the Search Companion using Srchasst.infClick Start, Run.
- jyot March 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!
- Mountainering with 6 y.o.
- Thank you for the help, I greatly appreciate it! 😀 James Rae Windows 10 must use some other index for the Start Menu search as although Indexing is complete, the start
- The system returned: (22) Invalid argument The remote host or network may be down.
- Related: How to configure Windows Search to index the contents of files.
- This index can become corrupted or otherwise encounter issues, and rebuilding it from scratch is often a good way to solve Windows Search problems.
please help thanku Reports: · Posted 7 years ago Top Distilled88 Posts: 9 This post has been reported. so i have 2 problems--- th hang at startup,,,, and chkdsk.. What kind of operating system are you using? Chkdsk Windows 7 after th windows progress bar thingy, i get a black screen with just th mouse on it..