Windows Xp Defragmenter Not Working
Tekzilla 50,174 views 2:31 How to Make Windows XP and Windows 7 Faster! - Duration: 5:52. Looking to get things done in web development? UPDATE (21 July 2006): John B left a comment below that is helping a lot of people, I've copied it up here to make it easy to find. Dancer LE (Version: 220.127.116.1163) Microsoft Plus! http://powerglobaldesigns.com/windows-xp/windows-defragmenter-not-working-xp.html
YOU RULE!!!!! YOU RULE!!!!! Two variables I noticed: This is a Dell system, essentially as configured by Dell, with a tiny unamed FAT format partition for Utilites which can be accessed via the BIOS and Fawzi Academy 1,796 views 2:45 How to Fix a Slow Computer - Disk Defragment - Disk Cleanup - Duration: 6:30.
Your solution was so easy, even I, a computer illiterate, was able to do it, and within seconds.
John B. This is posted as a last step as a fix for the problem you just described. ---------- Just wanted to say... Thank You - Back to top #9 MFC1982 MFC1982 Topic Starter Members 94 posts OFFLINE Local time:12:20 PM Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:49 AM Sorry that I did not
- An i tried defrag in safe mode still doesnt work....
- Even if the page file is set on a separate physical drive for better performances you'll need to have a minimum page file on drive c or some programs will complain.
- I have downloaded the evaluation version of PerfectDisk 7.0 and it works very well.
- I went through registry editing trial ware, surfed for hours looking for answers, turned off firewalls, and banged my head against real ones for two nights!!!
- even when i force a boot time chkdsk at command prompt, it runs, but diskeeper still wont let me defrag.
- lee 29/08/2005 10:29 a.m. #re: How To: Fix Windows Built in Defragmenter THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
- for the solution.If the Defrag Snap-in fails to initialize, type these commands in Start, Run dialog one by one:regsvr32 dfrgsnap.dllregsvr32 dfrgui.dll.Share this article on: FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppGoogle+BufferLinkedInPin ItAbout the authorRamesh Srinivasan is passionate
- On every single one of my older computers that had either windows 98, windows 98se, windows ME, and also all of my brothers computers, it seemed like the defrag always restarted
- Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Find out whyClose WINDOWS XP defrag problems wont run ROCKNTV1 SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe6,5106K Loading...
- In other words, the hard drive is not dying, and there's no corrupted data on it.
How does one fix this? This has been going on for more than a month now. Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close This video is unavailable. Windows Server 2016 Class Windows Server 2016 Deep Dive with John Savill Live Online Training on November 29th and December 6th Register by November 22ndand Save 20%!
Find Which Process Has Locked a File Without Using 3rd Party ToolsHow to Change Drive Icons With Custom .ICO Files in Windows?Windir Path Not Resolved or Recognized. This fix worked for me! etc. I don't know how the Page file got turned off on my system but this has been driving me mad for months!!
Now Select Settings Under Performance and again select the advance tab. ozpunk 16/03/2005 8:15 p.m. #re: How To: Fix Windows Built in Defragmenter basically you need to have dcom enabled to run defrag... Aug 27, 2006 John Savill | Windows IT Pro EMAIL Tweet Comments 0 Advertisement A. YOU RULE!!!!!
I run some of thesedaily, some weekly,and some every few months - Just my basic take on your problem, "if" you have no other problems involved ....... DedKnight 10/03/2005 1:06 p.m. #re: How To: Fix Windows Built in Defragmenter Super fantastico - thanks much Jack Leg 10/03/2005 11:27 p.m. #re: How To: Fix Windows Built in Defragmenter John Here are my MiniToolBox results: MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 18-12-2013 Ran by HP_Owner (administrator) on 23-12-2013 at 02:07:46 Running from "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\B6FS4XKW" Microsoft Windows XP Home I have yet to receive support after reporting the problem several days ago and across two support tickets.
Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other usersIllegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal contentOffensive: Sexually explicit or offensive languageSpam: Advertisements or commercial links Submit report Cancel report Track this discussion Run DefragHope this helps Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Janos, More Information Please by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 3, 2006 2:04 AM PST In reply to: Set this service to "Automatic" and restart. Again many thanks - priceless!