Windows Media Player 11 Sharing Not Working
Back to top #7 usasma usasma Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad BSOD Kernel Dump Expert 22,876 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:Southeastern CT, USA Local time:11:41 AM I then set SSDP Discovery Service to Automatic and it is running. Go to Settings, and then go to Network Setup. On the Media Sharing window, select or unselect Share my media to start or stop sharing media. his comment is here
Customize meanwhile will allow you to alter the settings for the selected device on the Media Sharing screen. On my network here, there is my main machine, her new computer, and her old computer I'm sharing the media off of. Thanks to everyone for your help/suggestions!!! Be sure your Xbox is set to Automatic.
If there are more than one active Local Area Connection, right-click on a connection that the MediaSmart does not use and select Disable. Are you running the Linksys firmware or DD-WRT? Easy solution then - boot into XP on boot camp and share from there. You might be using Windows Media Player 11 and be suffering from sharing issues – if this is the case the first thing to do is check Windows Updates – go
Dual Format Players HDTV Software Media Discussion HD DVD Players HD DVD Software Gaming & Content Streaming Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming My Xbox would change IP address all the time and Id have to reconfigure my NAT ports on the router, so I finally just went to static IP. Of course if I'm streaming stuff to my PS3 I'm sat in front of my PS3 not working on the mac. Resolving media-sharing issues with DMAs If you are trying to share content from a digital media appliance (such as an HP Digital Media Vault), a software patch has been created that
But I still can't get the laptop to see the PS3. Last letter City Word Association 11 Three Word Game 2016 ati bsod? That worked on my laptop , but didn't work on my desktop. Settings details the overall media sharing configuration for your network and can be set as default for each device listed in Media Sharing.
Windows Media Connect functionality was absorbed into Windows Media Player 11.Q: How do I set up Windows Media Player 11 to share media with my XBox 360? If that fixes the problem, configure the firewall settings so that WMP11 is considered a trusted application and the MediaSmart is part of your trusted network. All you need to share media between a PC and an XBox 360 is Windows Media Player 11.Q: Do I need Windows Media Connect? All rights reserved.
I have messed around with setting up a static IP address and setting up port forwarding but still no go. http://powerglobaldesigns.com/windows-media/windows-media-player-media-sharing-not-working.html Went from medium connection to high by upping the power to 100mW. Slordak is offline Quote post #28 of 45 Old 08-28-2008, 10:09 AM bryansj AVS Special Member Join Date: Feb 2004 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 8,395 Mentioned: 15 Post(s) CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
- Go into your router's setup, tell it to give MAC address xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx IP xxx.xxx.x.x.
- Check if another computer in the network can access the router via wireless and do the following depending on what is found: If a computer on the network cannot connect to
- Yeah, I tried a bunch of google searches to find out what my problem is, but no one seems to be experiencing the same issue.
- Edited by M..., 08 December 2007 - 05:30 PM.
- Hail to the King, baby.My Networked Media/Music/DVD Server Ja Phule is offline Quote post #20 of 45 Old 06-23-2008, 05:00 PM Yendor14 Newbie Join Date: Jun 2008 Posts:
- My Xbox doesn't always come online with the same IP address on my network, as it pulls it from the router.
- Is there a way around this that doesn't mean I have to give the 360 a static IP?
- Make sure that you are not selecting another nearby access point from the list of access points as given by the MediaSmart TV.
- If you see one that you know you uninstalled you need to get it COMPLETELY uninstalled.
- Right click it and choose Properties Change the startup type to Automatic and Start the service.